In general, the minimalist house design will have several aspects as follows:
- Aspects of saving space, where the function room are Considered insignificant, Will be removed from the layout. This is closely related to the problem of limited land, ESPECIALLY in urban areas. An example is the removal of the guest rooms (now rarely WHO guests stayed at our house) or family room (replaced with dining rooms That also with pantry)
- Saving aspects of building mass, ie the size of the building is made According to the needs of the masses without Needing excessive. It is also associated with problems Such as the limited land above points. Example is the reduction of dimension and minimalist living room at home Because it is rarely used, in response to the trend of the day now where people can easily Communicate via phone without having to meet in person.
- Aspects of the arrangement Ornaments, Will growing niche to a simple, lightweight, straightforward, assertive without too many additional details That add time and cost of Workmanship. The use of a curved Ornaments as can be seen in the classic design of houses is avoided. Form of railing and Fencing also use the form straight lines, either vertically or horizontally.
- Aspects of the façade Election, Will growing niche to show the original shape of buildings with exposure to the structure and materials used as the attractiveness of the building. Kept Building forms are simple and the lines forming Generally the building is a combination of vertical and horizontal lines. Use of natural stone and cement material exposure was also chosen as an Attempt to create an impressive facade straightforward and simple.
- Aspects of energy saving, the which is realized by maximizing natural lighting by making the window width as well as with the use of partition walls made of glass or glass block.
- Aspects of color selection, Will Generally be dominated by the use of basic building materials Such as the color gray, black, white. To avoid the impression of emptiness and monotony then intentionally added to some of the colors of 'brave' like an orange, red or yellow flashy.