Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bahama-palooza

As I look through the window of my Chicago office and watch the snow fall, I'm reminded of the blasting winds and 10-degree temperature that greeted me on my way to work today.  I absolutely love Chicago, but sometimes in the middle of a blistering winter I wouldn't mind being somewhere about seven times warmer. Current conditions at the Nassau International Airport in the Bahamas are 70 degrees and clear. I think I could handle sitting on a beach somewhere on Paradise Island or New Providence sipping a pina colada right about now. As my fantasy deepens, I wonder what it would be like to live in the Bahamas full-time...and as long as I'm living there in my mind, why not live in an exquisite Bahamian luxury home?

The gorgeous Mediterranean home shown in these pictures tops the list of my dream homes in the Bahamas. It is loaded with all of the spectacualr amenities expected in today's ultimate luxury abodes, including a state-of-the-art kitchen, spa style baths and a home theater; but also has the benefit of being situated on the crystal blue waters and white sand beach of Paradise Island inside prestigious Ocean Club Estates. Residents of Ocean Club Estates enjoy beaches and a world-class golf course, as well as the use of facilities at the One & Only Ocean Club and the Atlantis Resort. As if living on the beach in Paradise Island wasn't enough.

This premier home in Cable Beach is another one I think I would be quite comfortable in. The estate consists of the 7,500 square foot main home and four cottages, including one for guests, one for a housekeeper and a gardener's flat. The 2.5 acre property also boasts lush landscaping along the 300 feet of private beachfront and a gorgeous in-ground pool and patio area that all help give the feel of a private island oasis.  A picture of the palm trees, beach and turquoise water as viewed through the covered patio almost made me feel the pina colada slide down my throat.

Also right on the beach is this Colonial villa in Nassau. The interior of the remarkable home blends fine amenities with striking architectural elements. Granite countertops, contemporary built-ins and modern furnishings mix with an elegant dining room, open beam vaulted ceiling in the living room and a charming patio to create an extraordinary beachfront retreat.

All three of these gorgeous properties are listed by Bahamas Realty Limited, and all three would more than fulfill my Bahamas fantasy. Maybe someday, but for now it's back to the snow and wind.VIA

No comments:

Post a Comment